You may give your vehicle a totally new look, customizing it with the super shiny chrome accessories, a sporty body kit, or a brand new set of extremely stylish wheels, but you'll still lack something special. Something that may not be noticed at first. Something that may complete the style you want to portray. This something is a set of brake caliper covers. Delivering bright look and cleaning up a mostly neglected area, the covers will surely add color and aesthetic appeal behind your wheels. You may get a high-performance, sporty look with red caliper covers or opt for the custom caliper covers, featuring the color that would perfectly match the paint job of your vehicle or the color that would create a sharp contrast. In our catalogs, you will easily find the caliper cover kit that meets your needs.
Don't think that caliper covers are only a stylish upgrade. Having them installed, you dress up the naked calipers, and at the same time, you get rid of the brake dust, which reduces the cost of wheel cleaning supplies. Moreover, the accessory actually minimizes heat on calipers. Covering only the front of the brake caliper, the cover lets all heat escape through its top, reducing brake fade. These accessories also protect your calipers from the elements, not letting them get rusty or become dirty. Brake caliper covers are made of such materials as fiberglass, hard plastic, aluminum, and even stainless steel, making them extremely durable to wear and to any damage from exposure to air, moisture, and heat.
With the custom caliper covers, you will no longer have to paint or polish your calipers. One may think that it is much easier and more affordable to paint them, but in fact, you have a lot of troubles with the painted brake calipers. As time passes by, paint peels off, and the calipers have to be painted once again. And once again, the precious time is spent. The problem is perfectly eliminated if you choose caliper covers. When you have them installed, the result is instant yet long-lasting. There will be no more need to spend additional money and time every single year, and no mess caused by the caliper paint.
All the caliper covers we offer come as a result of years of experience aimed at creation of the accessory that would thoroughly protect the brake calipers and perfectly meet the clearance of the wheel. They are expertly engineered and excellently manufactured specifically for you vehicle, ensuring precise fit. Accepting nothing but the premium quality, 901 Sounds Auto Accessories gathered only the finest products, made of the most durable materials in existence, and produced by the most respected manufacturers. Browsing our extensive inventory of the caliper cover kits, you will find the variant, which will add the final decorative accent to your wheels and turn them into something completely new. And don't forget that sometimes little upgrades make the most sense.
Caliper Paint vs Caliper Covers
Which is the most cost effective method?
Considerations to Caliper Paint
- The G2 caliper paint kit and Duplicolor caliper paint kit can and a few others range approximately from $39.95 to $69.95
Caliper paint services average $150
- Approximately 8 hr project 3 hrs to the touch, requires multiple coats (3 to 5) and best if you can leave the car on all four jack stands for 24 hrs.
- Tools needed: 4 jack stands, floor jack, lug wrench, wire brush, cleaning product, paint brush, masking tape, masking material
- Annual event
- Unattractive as the paint peels throughout the year
- The caliper is painted, but not designed to have an appealing look on a vehicle
Over a 4 year period:
Average DYI cost total: $200
Average DYI time needed: 32 hours
Average Paint Services Cost: $600
v Powder coating your calipers is approx $240-$400, this will require you to take the caliper off the car for delivery to the paint facility and the caliper will need to be completely gutted and cleaned.
Considerations for Covers
- One time purchase of $200
- Powder coated paint, tig welded, aerospace aluminum, built to last for years
- 30 minute easy installation
- Tools needed: floor jack, lug wrench, 3/8 wrench
- Reduces brake dust, therefore continually reduces your cost of wheel cleaning supplies
- Increases style of car with a big brake look
- Easily removable for brake service
- Reduces heat on calipers which reduces brake fade
Over a 4 year period:
Total cost: $200
Total time needed: 30 minutes
Questions to consider
How much is your time worth?
What is your long term cost?
How important is it to you to have a better look for less money?